85, rue Dalhousie
Until June 23
Tuesday to Sunday : 10 A.M. to 5 P.MFrom June 24 to September
Open Daily: 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.
Toll free : 1-866-710-8031 (North America)
Musée de l’Amérique Francophone
2, côte de la Fabrique
Until June 23, 2017
Saturday and Sunday: 10 A.M. TO 5 P.M.
From December 20, 2016 to January 3
DAILY: 10 A.M.to 5 P.M.
CLOSED ON DECEMBER 25
From June 24 to September 4
DAILY: 10 A.M. TO 5 P.M.Information: (418) 643-2158
Toll free : 1-866-710-8031 (North America)
Musée National des beaux art de Québec
19 Grande Allée Ouest
Open daily from 10 A.M. to 5:00 P.M except on Monday
Open daily from June 24 until September 4
Information: (418) 643-2150
12, rue Donnacona
Consult the site for schedules
Musée des Augustines de l’Hôtel-Dieu
32, rue Charlevoix
Open daily from 10 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., except on Monday
Open daily from June 24 until September 4 from 10:00 A.M to 6:00 P.M.
Information: (418) 694-1639
What to do?
Bus Tours – Hop on / Hop off
Carriage ride in the heart of Old Quebec
Tobogganing / winter sliding Terrassse Dufferin
Les glissades de la Terrasse Dufferin, situées sur la terrasse en hiver.
Place D’Youville skating Rinks
In front of the Palais Montcalm – open from mid-October until mid-March
165, avenue des Hôtels
Open daily from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. From June until September from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
The Château Frontenac is one of a series of “château” style hotels built for the Canadian Pacific Railway company (CPR). This famous hotel is located in the Old Quebec overlooking the St. Lawrence River. The Château Frontenac opened in 1893 and 1981 was declared National Historic Site of Canada. The Château was built near the historic Citadelle, in the location of the former castle Haldimand and next to the Dufferin Terrace. The Château Frontenac was named after Louis de Buade, Count of Frontenac.
It is the tallest building in the Old Quebec historical district, and one of the oldest skyscrapers in Canada. It was built in the beginning of the 1930s. The building now accommodates offices and the official residence for the Premier of the Quebec.
The magnificent Terrasse Dufferin is a boardwalk, overlooking the St. Lawrence River and beside the world-famous Château Frontenac. Built in 1838 and enlarged in 1854 and 1879 provides a magnificent views on the river and surrounding areas, as well as on the Lower Town, Place-Royal and the city of Levis. This terrace was named after Lord DufferinFort Saint-Louis
Archaeological site under the Dufferin Terrasse
The Fortifications of Québec National Historic Site is a reminder of the richness of the city’s military past. The site takes us back to the French and British regimes when Quebec played a deciding role in the defence of the colony. Stroll along the fortification walls and admire the work of highly skilled craftsmen. And learn how these defensive works fashioned the city’s layout and future growth. The Fortifications of Quebec were designated a national historic site of Canada in 1957 because they commemorate the defence system built between 1608 and 1871 in Quebec City, Canada’s main stronghold in the colonial era.
La Citadelle de Québec
Located atop Cap Diamant, adjoining the Plains of Abraham. The citadel is the oldest military building in Canada, and forms part of the fortifications of Quebec City, which is one of only two cities in North America still surrounded by fortifications, the other being Campeche, Mexico. Since 1920, the Citadelle has been the home station of the Royal 22e Regiment of the Canadian Forces.
Cathedral-Basilica of Notre-Dame de Québec
Located in the very heart of Old Québec, attached to the Seminary of Quebec, in front of Quebec’s City Hall and bordered by the street de Buade. The Cathedral was recognized in 1966 as one of Quebec historic monument. Notre-Dame de Québec is the oldest seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Quebec, in the Americas north of Mexico. It is also the parish church of the oldest North American parish north of Mexico and was the first north of Mexico to be elevated to the rank of minor basilica, by Pope Pius IX in 1874. In 2014 the cathedral celebrated its 350th anniversary. As part of the celebrations, a holy door was constructed—the second outside Europe and only the eighth in the world.
Cathedral of the Holy Trinity
The first Anglican cathedral built outside the British isles. The Cathedral of the Holy Trinity is the cathedral of the Anglican Diocese of Quebec.
Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church is a small Roman Catholic stone church in the center of Place Royal in Quebec Lower Town. It was constructed on the site of the first permanent French establishment in North America. It was the same site of Champlain’s habitation. The church was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1988.
Basilica of Sainte-Anne de Beaupré
The Basilica was built in 1658. It is believed that a man named Louis Guimond crippled at the time, was healed after placing three stones in the foundation of the church. He is considered to have received the first healing of Good Saint Anne. Every year a million and a half of pilgrims and visitors come to the Shrine of Saint-Anne’s de Beaupré to live a time of peace, interiority and prayer.
The Plains of Abraham is a historic area within the Battlefields Park in Quebec. The site of many clashes for supremacy between the French and British Empires, the park is the scene of the 1759 Conquest, which changed the fate of North America. Apart from its historical past, the park is to Québec what Central Park and Hyde Park are to New York and London: a city park of outstanding value, the lungs of the city. One hundred and three hectares of meadow and grassy knolls, decked with flowers or covered with snow, are there for residents and visitors to enjoy
The falls are at the mouth of the Montmorency River where it drops over the cliff shore into the Saint Lawrence River, opposite the western end of the Île d’Orléans. Located between the river and the cliffs, it’s one of the province’s most spectacular sites. With its 83 meters high (30 meters higher than Niagara Falls), Montmorency Falls dominates the landscape. There are staircases (487 stairs) that allow visitors to view the falls from several different perspectives. A suspension bridge over the crest of the falls provides access to both sides of the park as well as a spectacular view. There is also an aerial tram (Funitel) that carries passengers between the base and the top of the falls.
Just 15 minutes from downtown Québec City, île d’Orléans is definitely worth a visit. Driving across the only bridge, visitors are quick to fall under the spell of an island where farming and all forms of agriculture thrive year round. A trip around Île d’Orléans is a delightful way to discover the surrounding countryside at your leisure. Enjoy a journey of discovery and admire its splendid views of Montmorency Falls, Beauport Bay, and Cap Diamant. You will also admire the farm stands, strawberry and berries fields for which the island is renowned. You will also come across the densest concentration of stone houses dating back to the French Regime.
Petit Champlain – Funicular and boutiques
Located at the foot of Cap Diamant this cobblestone pedestrian street is recognized all over the world to be one of the most beautiful pedestrian street in Canada. The craftsmen, merchants and restaurants make of this street the jewel of the Lower Quebec City
La Grande Allée
In the 19th century, la Grande Allée was the residence for the bourgeoisie. Even today, the tracks of this era are very visible through the victorian architecture that gives a very particular charm to the place. Day or night la Grande Allée attracts crowds due to its sunny patios and its historic architecture. Their big tables and bars make the ideal place to begin and end a night out!
Built between 1875 and 1886, the Quebec Parliament Building stands as one of the finest examples of Quebec’s architectural heritage. its imposing freestone façade, distinctive silhouette and interior design all bring to mind as its architect Eugène-Étienne Taché intended the French origins of this North American nation. The building’s east-facing façade, just a stone’s throw from the fortifications of the Old City, is adorned with a series of sculptures that hearken back to significant events and figures in the founding of Canada and Quebec.
City Hall of Quebec
Once home the the Jesuit College (which occupied this location since mid XVIIth century) was demolished in 1877 and 1878 to allow the construction of a new parliament. The project was realized somewhere else. The land was sold to the City of Quebec in 1889. The construction work begun in 1895 according to the plans of the architect Georges-Émile Tanguay (1858-1923) and the inauguration was done the following year. An annex and a vault were added to the City Hall in 1925.
Petit Champlain Fresco
This urban work of Quebec City illustrates the major stages of the life of Cap-Blanc, a working-class and harbour district in Quebec. Thanks to this Tromp-l’oeil wall fresco, the life of the old district takes life-size form and adds charm to the Rue du Petit-Champlain, one of the oldest in America.